Jobs with KAPE
District Technical Officer
Kampuchean Action for Primary Education, a local NGO based in Kampong Cham, seeks a qualified Cambodian national as District Technical Officer, for Svay Rieng Province activities in 25 schools, in a WeWorld supported project called Reinforcing Education Access with Community Help (REACH II).
The project will be implemented in 50 schools in Svay Rieng, Prey Veng, Kampong Chhnang and Pursat provinces the next one years.
Reporting to the Provincial Coordinator, the District Technical Officer will ensure that the project adheres to the quality standards intended resulting in effective, measurable impacts in the target area.
- Monitor all target schools under control to assure effective implementation of activities
- Ensure all expenditure documents collected from clusters, schools, teachers are correct and have appropriate attachments
- Monitor and oversee the budget and other expenditure by target schools
- Monitor teacher teaching, coach teachers on teaching techniques by guiding and modeling
- Report promptly to the Project Officers and Provincial Coordinator any problem identified in schools and help solve them
- Work closely with local government counterparts (DOE) to support the implementation of all project activities
- Provide technical support to schools and communities for all REACH project activities
- Assist cluster school personnel, parents, communities in organizing meetings and implementing activities which are part of their annual plan
- Establish and maintain effective work and partnership with local authorities, including DOE and other stakeholders
- Support WeWorld’s sponsorship program, working with the WeWorld Sponsorship Officer
- University diploma in education and/or relevant work experience
- 2-3 years’ experience with Education sector projects
- Previous experience as Teacher Grade Leader or District Training and Monitoring Team (DTMT) is an advantage
- Ability to work in a team and to communicate effectively with community members and government staff
- Strong problem solving and listening skills
- Dynamic and proactive, with an ability to learn new skills quickly
- Ability to communicate in English is an advantage
- Ability in Microsoft office packages such as Word and Excel
Salary Range: 320$ to 370$ base on Candidates qualification not include other benefit package
Women are strongly encouraged to apply. Hiring decisions will be made without prejudice to gender. KAPE is committed to child protection. We reserve the right to terminate employment of staff should background checks reveal that children may be at risk. All staffs are expected to commit to child protection.
Interested candidates should submit their CV (maximum 3 pages) and three (3) references, no later than Wednesday, January 31th 2018 at 5:00 PM. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview at the KAPE Office in Kampong Cham.
Attention: KAPE Main Office: Provincial Teacher Training College, Kampong Cham Town, Kampong Cham Province or email Mr. Chuon Saran HR\Admin Manager, Email: email@example.com; and CC: Project Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org) Subject Heading: REACH 2 Project Tel: 012 752 553 and 097 698 8484.