Key Program Activities
Over the years, KAPE has moved from a singular focus on primary education in Kampong Cham to expanding its services secondary and tertiary level education in 11 provinces. To ensure education program sustainability, KAPE project teams work hard to facilitate strong community engagement.
KAPE's specializations now include:
- Early grade reading
- Charter school development
- Inclusive education, community outreach and engagement
- Information Communications & Technology (ICT) tools and software to enable improved learning outcomes
- Education sector research and national education policy development
- School leadership training and teacher training
- Program planning and delivery at primary, secondary and tertiary levels
- Vocational scholarships, including STEM professions (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
- Youth development and life skills education
KAPE enjoys a close working relationship with the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sport at the national, provincial and district levels. The relationship with the Provincial Office of Education is a formalized one and takes the form of a signed Memorandum of Understanding that is regularly renewed and updated.