Engineering Officer Is Wanted!
Kampuchea Action to Promote Education (KAPE), a local NGO based in Kampong Cham, seeks a national candidate to fill the position of a full-time Engineering Officer, based in Kampong Cham, KAPE is a well-established local NGO with a portfolio of 16 on-going projects across Cambodia that seek to develop the capacity of schools and communities to fulfill the right of every child to have a good quality and effective education. KAPE has been chosen as the partner agency of Kinchan Stiftung Foundation to implement a project called Happy Cambodian Children (HCC). The project is implementing in closely cooperation with the District Office of Education and also Provincial of Education in the target areas. This project will be implemented over 5 years starting 2017 with eventual expansion to other provinces.
The Engineering Officer will be responsible for day-to-day management and supervision of all construction work at 42 target schools in Siem Reap, Tboung Khmum, Kratie, Kampong Cham and Ratanakiri.
The salary scale will range from 2,600,000៛ -3,000,000៛ based on the previous background.
- Provide overall technical assistance to KAPE activities that require physical renovation of school facilities including classrooms, libraries, bathrooms, & outdoor facilities.
- Draft blueprints and design documents based on specifications that have been compiled by the project technical adviser.
- Quantify the materials needed to undertake building renovations all sites in project.
- Provide cost estimates to the project so that award committees can best determine whether contractor bidding is reasonable.
- Assist in the development of bidding documents as needed to identify contractors.
- Provide advice to the award committee regarding the feasibility of all construction bids received.
- Ensure that effective quality control systems are in place and that construction activities are compliant with technical specifications and quality standards.
- Monitor and evaluate performance of contractors entrusted to carry out all renovations in all sites of which there will be four or five.
- Ensure all technical inputs and cost estimates related to the construction components are accurate, provided in a timely manner and included in the project proposals and budgets.
- Take responsibility for overall progress and use of resources.
- Identify and manage risks and initiate corrective action where necessary, so that maximum benefit to client and stakeholders is achieved.
- Ensure a sound handing over of facilities to school stakeholders.
- At less two years of professional experience in civil engineering, especially in preparation of technical documentations.
- An Engineering Degree at the B.S. Level or higher.
- Experience in working on renovations in school settings.
- Knowledge and Experience in using a design program such as Corel, Photoshop, Google Sketch Up for School Master Plan, AutoCAD 2D, and Google Earth
- Experience in managing/supervising medium to large-scale construction work in public sector.
- Knowledge of procurement, BOQ Estimating, contracting processes and requirements.
- Excellent and proven experience in dealing with contractors and local partners.
- Working experience in the area of preparation, implementation and monitoring of technical/ (re)construction projects; methodological and calculation skills.
- Confident Individual with dynamic out-going personality
- Effective facilitation and communication skills in both English and Khmer
- Ability to use computer design programs
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good English speaking and writing skills
- Computer literacy skills and e-mail
- Effective team and problem-solving skills.
Applications must be submitted by 5:00PM on Sunday 19th March 2023. Candidates are encouraged to keep CVs to 3 pages and three (3) references. No certificates are required at this time and need NOT be attached to resumes. Applicants may submit cover letter and CV to: Mr. Chhuon Saran, HR and Admin Manager, e-mail: email@example.com and CC to Mr. Oeurn Bora, Project Manager, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, and Mr. Mai Sarith, Project Coordinator, e-mail: Sarith@kapekh.org.
2,806គ្រូបង្រៀន / នាយក