Program Manager (Digital Literacy)
Kampuchea Action to Promote Education (KAPE), a local NGO based in Kampong Cham, seeks a qualified Cambodian national to fill the position of Program Manager for the Khmer Digital Literacy Program funded by Meta (FB). This position will be based at KAPE Head Office in Kampong Cham Province with frequent travel to Phnom Penh. The program aimed at rationalizing and improving the ICT curriculum for lower secondary levels in New Generation Schools (NGS). The program will provide students with fundamental skills related to digital literacy through training and workshops using the curriculum of WeThinkDigital.
- Review the project proposal to the donor, the budget and work plan, and other relevant documents to gain the necessary background on the project.
- Do research on Digital Literacy, ICT in Education, Digital Footprint, 21st Century Skills, and other relevant documentation of digital education in lower secondary schools to improve preparedness to implement the project.
- Become familiar with operating manuals used in Kampuchean Action for Primary Education, namely the Personnel, Administrative, and Financial Procedures Manuals.
- Work with EdTech Coordinator, M&E Manager, and Senior National Advisor to develop an annual work plan for general use in the project as well as integrate it with the M&E work plan.
- Plan, deliver, and oversee the training for master trainers and the training to end beneficiaries within the target schools.
- Work closely with EdTech Coordinator to recruit master trainers and also provide them with technical support with regards to digital literacy.
- Revise the work plan as necessary, based on changes in program and context.
- Coordinate project implementation with the local government and community leaders.
- Ensure close coordination and communication with counterparts working at the Ministry level, Provincial and District Offices of Education so that there will be effective troubleshooting when problems arise and also strong ownership of the innovations developed by the project.
- Lead in the organization of assessments relating to digital literacy.
- Lead in the implementation of the project according to the work plan and implementation framework developed for the purpose.
- Work with the EdTech Coordinator in the review of the media and digital literacy curriculum and the development of its training manuals in general pedagogy and the Cambodian context.
- Work closely with EdTech Coordinator in planning, implementation, & follow-up of technical workshops.
- Organize training workshops in media and digital literacy as well as other topics according to the approved work plan.
- Identify measures to strengthen the sustainability of project activities at all levels.
- Keep minutes of all meetings involving local stakeholders.
- Work together with the EdTech Coordinator in developing constructive partnerships with the Technical Working Group and other NGOs working on media and digital literacy to share resources, experiences, and knowledge.
- Develop pipeline budgets that help ensure a smooth flow of funding for project activities.
- Approve travel requests, and other administrative tasks relating to the implementation of the project.
- Review and approve all financial transactions for the implementation of the project, as the need arises and ensure that procurements are carried out according to the established policies of the agency.
- Coordinate with M&E manager to establish pre-and post-test for the competencies of digital literacy among trainers, trainees, and end beneficiaries.
- Work closely with M&E Manager to ensure that all project indicators are being monitored regularly and that data collection is occurring regularly.
- Work collaboratively with M&E Manager to develop monitoring and data collection schedules to oversee the proper implementation of the project.
- Follow up with all target schools with respect to relevant activities.
- Provide reports and data for purposes of regular reporting about the quality of project implementation and the achievement of objectives.
- Document best practices and lessons learned during fieldwork and share with other project-relevant staff.
- Attend all staff meetings as might be required by agency management.
- Perform other duties as assigned by direct supervisor.
- A Bachelor’s Degree (Preferably Master’s Degree) in Information Technology (IT), Computer Science, or Digital Learning
- At least 3 years of experience working in the formal education sector
- At least 1 year of experience in providing training or workshop to teachers
- Have relevant experience in ICT in education or digital literacy
- Knowledge of project work methods and their applications to ICT
- Knowledge of digital platforms and software, such as Microsoft 365, Kobo Toolbox, or other online forms
- Ability to work in a school context and with teachers, children, and youth
- Ability to work well with the government education system
- Flexibility and teamwork orientated
- Supportive with good problem-solving skills
Interested candidates should submit their Cover Letter and CV (maximum 3 pages), including three (3) references with the subject: “Application for Program Manager” to the email contact provided below. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. The interview will take place at KAPE Head Office in Kampong Cham Province.
Salary is according to the setting of the organization, which is between $700-$800 based on candidate qualifications.
Applications must be submitted on or before 30 November 2022, at 5:00 PM. Please submit your application to Mr. Chuon Saran, HR/Admin Manager: email@example.com and CC: Mr. Sar Sophanak, EdTech Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org and Mr. Ul Run, Senior National Advisor: email@example.com.
2,806គ្រូបង្រៀន / នាយក