Jobs with KAPE
Education Access Officer (1 position wanted)
Kampuchea Action to Promote Education (KAPE), a local NGO based in Kampong Cham, seeks a National Candidate to fill the position of a full-time Education Access Officer, based in Kampot Province. KAPE is a well-established local NGO working across Cambodia to develop the capacity of schools and communities to fulfil the right of every child to have a good quality and effective education. The position will be placed in a new project known as, Consortium for Sustainable Alternatives and Voice for Equitable Development (CO-SAVED), supported by the European Union (EU). This project is to be implemented in 70 Primary Schools and 18 Lower Secondary Schools over a period of four years starting from January 2021. The candidate should have excellent knowledge of primary and secondary education and a strong training background.
Roles of the Education Access Officer in Summary: This position is a part of the education and wash team responsible for the technical quality of project implementation. She/he will be responsible for program planning relating to school access issues, collecting data from schools, advising school directors on access issues, implementing the Early Warning System, setting up catch-up courses at upper primary, using a database developed by KAPE, and supporting ‘green’ life skills education programming using over 30 manuals developed by Civil Society, and supporting the implementation of Trey Visay, a career counseling app. She/he will work under the supervision of the KAPE Provincial Coordinator.
- Support the implementation and management of the Early Warning System.
- Prepare Catch-up courses at upper Primary (grade 6) to improve literacy and numeracy skills
- Train teachers and school directors to administer Catch-up Courses
- Become familiar with the implementation manual governing how KAPE implements its scholarship program.
- Provide capacity building to Local Scholarship Management Committees who implement the scholarship program.
- Provide cash support to vulnerable selected students of grade 7.
- Track students’ learning result and attendance list.
- Become familiar with the implementation manual governing how KAPE implements its 30 life skills.
- Provide capacity building to teachers and school directors to effectively use KAPE life skill manuals.
- Follow up teachers teaching life skills to students.
- Work with schools to organize parents’ meetings to raise their awareness about more relevant life skills education.
- Create a setting where Trey Visay, a career counseling app, can be easily accessed in the library.
- Conduct training to lower and upper secondary school students about assessing their job/careers using Trey Visay.
- Promote parental awareness about career counseling activities.
- Conduct Project Monitoring and Evaluation activities.
- Work closely with project partners, including Aide Et Action (AEA), Bandos Komar (BK), Buddhism Social Development Action (BSDA), and Association of Municipalities, Districts, Communes & Sangkats (AMDCS-Kampot), as well as other relevant partners.
- Liaise with stakeholders including teachers, directors, local authorities, District Offices of Education (DOE), the Provincial Office of Education (POE), parents, and children.
- Prepare advances and clear budgets for project activities.
- Follow activities and budget on a weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis.
- Report project activities to the CO-SAVED Provincial Coordinator on a quarterly basis.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Education
- At least 3 years of working experience in an education development project in the formal education sector
- Experience in community mobilization and school access issues.
- Good facilitation and counseling skills
- Ability to work as a team
- Strong ability in Microsoft Office (Word and Excel)
- Ability to communicate in English
- Willingness to work in the target Province
How to apply: Send your CV and Cover Letter to the email address firstname.lastname@example.org with cc to email@example.com by mentioning the specific job title in the subject of the email: “Education Access Officer”
Applications not following these indications will not be considered. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Closing date: 31 March 2021, 5:00PM.
If you want PDF file, please click the announcement below:
7Higher Education Institutions