Jobs with KAPE
KAPE seeks a full-time Education Access Officer
Kampuchea Action to Promote Education (KAPE), a local NGO based in Kampong Cham, seeks a National Candidate to fill the position of a full-time Education Access Officer based in Ratanakkiri Province. KAPE is a well-established local NGO working across Cambodia to develop the capacity of schools and communities to fulfil the right of every child to have a good quality and effective education. The position will be placed in a new project known as, “Enhancing Quality Learning for Out of School Children” (EQUAL), supported by Plan International Cambodia. This project is to be implemented in 13 Primary Schools and 2 Lower Secondary Schools over a period of 2.5 years starting from January 2022. The candidate should have excellent knowledge of primary and secondary education and a strong training background.
- Support the design of the project baseline study
- Support the implementation of school mapping activity
- Become familiar with the implementation manual governing how KAPE implements its scholarship program.
- Support the implementation and management of the Early Warning System
- Provide capacity building to Local Scholarship Management Committees who implement the scholarship program.
- Prepare Catch-up courses at upper Primary (grade 6) to improve literacy and numeracy skills.
- Train teachers and school directors to administer Re-entry Courses, ALP and remedial.
- Provide cash support to vulnerable selected students from the target schools.
- Track students’ learning result and attendance list.
- Become familiar with the implementation manual governing how KAPE implements its life skills manual (including PACE manuals) and MoEYS Local Life Skills Policy
- Provide capacity building to teachers and school directors to effectively use KAPE life skill manuals.
- Follow up teachers teaching life skills to students.
- Increase awareness of, and access to services for sexual and reproductive health rights amongst adolescent girls and boys
- Set-up a Schools Helping Families program that provides small cash to selected families
- Organize outreach and awareness activities in school and community
- Organize activity work plan and budget plan to align with log-frame set
- Report any irregularities in the implementation of project activities to supervisors
- Provide reports and data to supervisors for purposes of regular reporting
- Work closely with the Access Officer
- Maintain proper files pertaining to all aspects of component programs
- Perform other tasks that may be requested by the supervisor
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Education, social studies or equivalent
- At least 2-3 years of experience working in the formal education sector, especially at Primary and Lower Secondary level
- Experience in working with the government education system in Cambodia
- Experience with NGO sector
- Experience in working within the local education system
- Understanding of Ethnic Minority culture and languages an advantage
- Flexibility and teamwork orientated.
Interested applicants may submit cover letter and CV (max 4-5 pages), specifying 3 references, to: Mr. Chuon Saran, HR/Admin Manager (email@example.com) and CC: technical Adviser (firstname.lastname@example.org). KAPE Main Office in Kampong Cham Province. Tel: 012 752 553, 096 464 7777.
Applicants will be reviewed on a rolling basis with a deadline before 16 January 2022 at 5:00PM. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Salary will be based on Candidates ’qualifications and previous work history. KAPE is committed to Child Protection. We reserve the right to terminate employment of staff, should background checks reveal that children may be at risk.
Salary will be based on Candidates’ qualifications and previous work history.
The Agency encourages women, ethnic minorities and people with disabilities to apply for all KAPE positions.
6Higher Education Institutions