Jobs with KAPE
Kampuchean Action for Primary Education (KAPE), a local NGO based in Kampong Cham, and Peus II High School seek 2 English teachers for after-school lessons at Peus II HS, in Krochmar District. The program will last 2 years, from December 2017 to November 2019.
KAPE is the largest local NGO in the education sector in Cambodia. This nonprofit organization implements projects and research at all levels of the education sector in Cambodia, with beneficiaries in primary schools, secondary schools and tertiary programs. KAPE enjoys a long-term partnership and close cooperation with the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sport (MoEYS), international organizations and local education partners.
KAPE is currently launching an English Access Microscholarship Program (Access), which is funded by the U.S. Embassy in Cambodia. Access is a global scholarship program supported by the U.S. Department of State that provides a foundation of English language skills to bright, economically disadvantaged students, primarily aged 13- to 25-year olds through After-School classes and Intensive Sessions. Access students also gain an appreciation for U.S. culture and democratic values through enhancement activities. Access seeks to equip selected students with strong English language skills that can lead to better jobs, educational opportunities, and gain the ability to participate in and compete for future exchanges and study in the United States.
Duties will include the following:
- Teaching English after school for 8 hours per week, after the normal school hours,
- Using the English manual provided by KAPE,
- Providing KAPE with schedule and lesson plans,
- Assessing the students' progress on a regular basis, and notifying KAPE of that progress through written reports,
- Conducting enhancement activities, such as promoting U.S. Culture, personal developement activities or students' clubs...
- Attending the exposure visits and other official ceremonies with the U.S. Embassy,
- Seeking to improve methodical and pedagogical skills through participation in seminars, visiting lessons of experienced colleagues, and self-education,
Benefits for the teachers:
- To receive monthly stipend $150/month,
- To attend the training with US embassy,
- To attend an exposure visit in Kampong Cham and Phnom Penh,
- To receive certificate,
- To have opportunity to apply for going to US for a short time exposure relating to teaching program.
Necessary qualifications for the position include:
- Teaching experience : 2 to 5 years in high school,
- Teaching methodology,
- Teaching certificate,
- Fluent in English,
- Active and good communicant,
- Computer skill is a bonus.
Applications must be submitted on or before November the 27th at 5:00PM. Candidates are required to write a CV in English.
Interested applicants may submit cover letter and CV to Ms Hem Mary: firstname.lastname@example.org