Jobs with KAPE
KAPE seeks a full-time Quality and Governance Officer
Kampuchea Action to Promote Education (KAPE), a local NGO based in Kampong Cham, seeks a National Candidate to fill the position of a full-time Quality and Governance Officer based in Ratanakkiri Province. KAPE is a well-established local NGO working across Cambodia to develop the capacity of schools and communities to fulfil the right of every child to have a good quality and effective education. The position will be placed in a new project known as, “Enhancing Quality Learning for Out of School Children” (EQUAL), supported by Plan International Cambodia. This project is to be implemented in 13 Primary Schools and 2 Lower Secondary Schools over a period of 2.5 years starting from January 2022. The candidate should have excellent knowledge of primary and secondary education and a strong training background.
- Provide training of responsible intervention activities to school personals and stakeholders.
- Oversee the operation of all activities pertaining to school development using both formal and informal assessment instruments to reach quality and efficiency of log-frame
- Manage data, statistic and information of responsible activities
- Provide technical support to schools for planning and implementation of technical interventions
- Provide capacity building support to School Support Committees and commune councils around the development of their School Annual Activity Plan
- Assist with conducting surveys relating to the identification and establishment of a baseline and indicator update.
- Provide capacity building for teachers, literacy coaches, school directors, and DOE on use of tablets in students’ learning.
- Prepare re-entry courses at upper Primary (grade 6) to improve literacy and numeracy skills, together with the remedial learning activities and Accelerated learning Programs, in coordination with the Education Access Officer
- Train teachers and school directors to administer Catch-up Course, ALP and remedial learning
- Track students’ learning result and attendance list
- Provide capacity building to teachers and school directors on life skill activity
- Organize and oversee school grants management
- Schools’ education quality delivery, including:
- Teacher training material e.g., Gender and inclusive teaching methodology, Improve measures to monitor learning achievement
- Leadership, transparency and accountability training and support for School Directors
- Develop teaching aid resources to be used in schools by the teachers
- Peer to peer activities (such as mentoring)
- Students Council support
- Work in close cooperation with EQUAL project manager on:
- Work closely with and support the Primary Education Department to revise accelerated learning materials such as textbooks and implementing guidelines.
- Project Launching events
- Reflection workshops
- School exposure visits.
- Organize activity work plan and budget plan to align with log-frame set
- Report any irregularities in the implementation of project activities to supervisors
Provide reports and data to supervisors for purposes of regular reporting
- Work closely with the Access Officer
- Maintain proper files pertaining to all aspects of component programs
- Perform other tasks that may be requested by the supervisor
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Education or equivalent
- At least 2-3 years of experience working in the formal education sector, especially at Primary and Lower Secondary level
- Experience in working with the government education system in Cambodia
- Experience with NGO sector
- Experience in working within the local education system
- Understanding of Ethnic Minority culture and languages an advantage
- Flexibility and teamwork orientated.
Interested applicants may submit cover letter and CV (max 4-5 pages), specifying 3 references, to: Mr. Chuon Saran, HR/Admin Manager (email@example.com) and CC: technical Adviser (firstname.lastname@example.org). KAPE Main Office in Kampong Cham Province. Tel: 012 752 553, 096 464 7777.
Applicants will be reviewed on a rolling basis with a deadline before 16 January 2022 at 5:00PM. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Salary will be based on Candidates ’qualifications and previous work history. KAPE is committed to Child Protection. We reserve the right to terminate employment of staff, should background checks reveal that children may be at risk.
Salary will be based on Candidates’ qualifications and previous work history.
The Agency encourages women, ethnic minorities and people with disabilities to apply for all KAPE positions.
6Higher Education Institutions