Jobs with KAPE
Project Finance and Admin Officer (1 position wanted)
Kampuchea Action to Promote Education (KAPE), a local NGO based in Kampong Cham, seeks a National Candidate to fill the position of a full-time Project Finance and Admin Officer, based in Kampot Province. KAPE is a well-established local NGO working across Cambodia to develop the capacity of schools and communities to fulfil the right of every child to have a good quality and effective education. The position will be placed in a new project known as, Consortium for Sustainable Alternatives and Voice for Equitable Development (CO-SAVED), supported by the European Union (EU). This project is to be implemented in 70 Primary Schools and 18 Lower Secondary Schools over a period of four years starting from January 2021. Applying candidates should have an excellent knowledge of primary and secondary education and a strong training background.
- Record advance, settle advance, transfer fund, expenditure and other transactions in Quickbook system
- Keep the relevant staff informed about upcoming deadlines and deliverables, thereby ensuring smooth completion of work responsibilities
- Monitor budgetary of EU vs expenditure to ensure that expenditures are properly charged and all documentation is completed.
- To ensure that all documents review are proper corrected
- Post all transactions in Quickbooks
- Cut/follow outstanding advance of staffs by each donor by month and keep the documents of outstanding advance in folder
- Remind KAPE staff about the outstanding advance that they are late to liquidate
- Prepare the production of all financial reports by project by monthly or quarterly based on donor requirement including transactions records, bank reconciliations, balance sheets, trial balance, cost sharing, cost allocation plan (where required), and other financial documentation that may be required.
- Oversee cash on hand and cash in bank, manage bank transactions including cash deposit and withdrawal.
- Review/Prepare time sheet of office staff
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliation
- Prepare quarterly report
- Memorized report and voucher
- Good communication with all departments in KAPE, Partners and ministry
- Work closely with program, admin, community, and other relevant
- Good attitude with all staff in KAPE, community, and other relevant
- Make monthly work plan to Senior Finance Officer at the beginning of the month
- Perform other tasks as might be determined by supervisor
- Bachelor Degree of Business Administrative in the major Accounting and Finance or Relevant Degree level Qualification
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a Finance position
- Experience with EU funding are strongly encouraged
- Knowledge of financial systems and implementing internal controls
- Confident/proficient in the use of QuickBooks - with advanced Excel skills
- Previous experience working in NGO is highly desirable
- Women are strongly encouragement
Interested candidates should submit only a cover letter (1 page) and CV (maximum 3 pages), including three (3) references to the address or email below.
Hiring decisions will be made without prejudice to gender. KAPE is committed to child protection. We reserve the right to terminate employment of staff should background checks reveal that children may be at risk. All staff are expected to commit to child protection.
Closing date for submission of applications is 15th April 2021 before 5:00PM. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview at KAPE Office in Kampong Cham.
c/o Kampuchean Action for Primary Education Provincial Teacher Training College, Kampong Cham Town, Kampong Cham Province or Mr. Chuon Saran HR/Admin Manager, Email: email@example.com ; Tel: 012 752 553; 096 464 7777.
7Higher Education Institutions