Education Quality Specialist Wanted
Kampuchea Action to Promote Education (KAPE), a local NGO based in Kampong Cham, seeks a National Candidate to fill the position of a full-time Education Quality Specialist, based in Kampot Province. KAPE is a well-established local NGO working across Cambodia to develop the capacity of schools and communities to fulfil the right of every child to have a good quality and effective education. The position will be placed in a new project known as, Consortium for Sustainable Alternatives and Voice for Equitable Development (CO-SAVED), supported by the European Union (EU). This project is to be implemented in 70 Primary Schools and 18 Lower Secondary Schools over a period of four years starting from January 2021. Applying candidates should have an excellent knowledge of primary and secondary education and a strong training background.
Roles of the Education Quality Specialist in Summary: This position is a part of the consortium implementation team and will be responsible for capacity development of district coordination teams. This includes sharing knowledge, facilitating program implementation, and ensuring quality in the realization of education outputs; this also includes reviewing donor reports.
- Support the set-up of Early Warning Systems at schools to prevent dropout (primary to secondary) by providing training workshops & supporting data collection, EWS activities, as well as conducting home visits to school dropouts and students at risk, and implementing Rapid Response to extended absences.
- Support the implementation of Secondary School Scholarships for youth at risk including student nominations and application process; local scholarship management committees (LSMC) and student selection; scholarship awards, parent meetings, & monitoring; and provide in-kind support and counseling to at-risk youth.
- Support the implementation of catch-up courses at upper primary to ensure adequate literacy and numeracy skills to transition to secondary school, which will require training of teachers and school directors to administer catch-up courses.
- Support the implementation of ‘green’ life skills in schools using over 30 manuals developed by Civil Society & MoEYS (primary and lower secondary - Grades 5 to 9). This includes supporting the provision of curricular & didactic materials to schools, and training of school managers and teachers to administer life skills courses.
- Create an enabling environment for the use of a new E-Counselling App (Trey Visay-Compass) such as creating a setting where Trey Visay can be accessed. Provide capacity-building and follow-up support, as well as conducting parents’ awareness.
- Support and work closely with project partners, including Aide Et Action (AEA), Bandos Komar (BK), Buddhism for Social Development Action (BSDA), and Association of Municipalities, Districts, Communes & Sangkats (AMDCS-Kampot), as well as some other partners supporting activities to facilitate student transition from primary to secondary school.
- Work with Monitoring and Evaluation staff to support program quality and effective implementation.
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in Education
- At least 5 years of working experience with an NGO in the education sector
- Good planning and facilitation skills
- Ability to work as a team
- Capacity to communicate and produce reports in English.
- Willingness to work in target provinces
How to apply: Send your CV and Cover Letter to the email address email@example.com with cc to firstname.lastname@example.org by mentioning the specific job title in the subject of the email: “Education Quality Specialist”.
Applications not following these indications will not be considered. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Closing date: 31 March 2021, 5:00PM.
If you want PDF file, please click the announcement below:
2,806គ្រូបង្រៀន / នាយក